Thanks to a great response to our small group, online English sessions we have been able to offer two groups a week. We are now in our second week and it is going really well.
Our first session was:
What is analysis?
- What does it mean to analyse?
- Why do we analyse in the study of English?
- How is analysis useful in real life?
The second session was:
Media analysis – print media
- What are purpose and audience?
- What are connotation and denotation?
- Analysing adverts
Our next topic will be:
Media analysis – moving image
- How and why does the media categorise the audience?
- Analysis of TV adverts
- How do different film trailers appeal to their target audience? (All films will be of an appropriate certificate for all children in the group)
There are a couple of spaces left, so if your child is KS3 or KS4 and would be interested in joining a skills based approach to analysis on a Tuesday evening or a Friday morning, do get in touch. The cost is £7 per session.