Session outline and dates:
This course runs on Tuesday evenings from 7pm until 8pm
Cost £36: Contact us to book
- Spelling: Part one 20th January
- Some rules of spelling
- Some of the roots of English and how they can help with spelling
- Ways to improve your spelling
- Spelling: Part two 27th January
- Making the most of spelling tools
- Spotting your own common errors
- Why confidence is key
- Grammar 3rd February
- Key grammar points explained
- Submit your burning grammar questions before the session
- Sentence structure
- Cohesion and Coherence 10th February
- How do you make your writing stick together?
- How to make your writing clear and easy to follow
- Effective proof reading and editing 17th February
- What is it?
- Why does it matter?
- Practice makes perfect!
- How to write for effect 24th February
- How vocabulary choices, sentence structure and punctuation are used in a variety of text types.
- Reading a variety of texts and exploring vocabulary and grammar choices
- Writing in a variety of styles
Sign up for our newsletter (in the top of the left hand sidebar) to keep up to date with all our up coming courses.